EXLORE OUR CLASSES!
Not sure where to place your Lil’ Kicker? We have a variety of choices for ages 18 months to 7 years. Class descriptions are below:
Bunnies classes introduce toddlers to soccer with games that allow them to run, play as a group and kick a ball. They gain basic soccer skills while building fundamental skills such as balance and coordination. Classes incorporate activities that are geared toward a toddler’s unique way of learning and including parachutes, bubbles, noodles, cones, lots of goal scoring and more.
- Bunnies classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Bunnies classes is 15:1 w/parents on the field
Thumpers (2-3 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Parents and kids, led by one of our instructors, play organized games together to develop listening skills, balance, ball skills and foot-eye coordination. Thumpers is the ideal next step for Bunnies veterans who are not yet old enough for the Hoppers level, and a perfect introduction to Lil’ Kickers for new players.
- Thumpers classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Thumpers classes is 12:1 w/parents on the field
Cottontails (2.5-3.5 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Cottontails is a class designed for children who are ready for more of a challenge than a Thumpers class, but who are not quite ready to be on the field without a parent or caregiver. The Cottontails curriculum is designed to build fundamental skills such as balance, coordination, and ball kicking. Cottontails classes also offer another component-helping your child build a sense of independence. As children progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class.
- Cottontails classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Cottontails is 7:1 w/parents on the field
Hoppers (3 & 4 Years) - Beginning
Hoppers classes are designed to be fun and fast paced. Classes focus on increasing balancing skills, coordination and fundamental soccer skills. We utilize creative games and help kids develop listening skills, cooperation and teamwork. Hoppers classes are the first class where children participate independently.
- Hoppers classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Hoppers classes is 7:1
Jackrabbits (3 & 4 Years) - Intermediate
Jackrabbits classes are designed to help transition children into non-competitive team play. Children play creative games to develop fundamental soccer skills and will also be introduced to more one-ball oriented games and scrimmaging. The focus of the scrimmages will be to help players understand how to apply skills in different situations and building teamwork. Some small sided non-competitive soccer games are introduced.
- Jackrabbits classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Jackrabbits is 7:1
Big Feet (5 & 6 years) - Beginning
Big Feet classes are for five and six year-olds who have not played soccer before. These classes concentrate on giving beginning kids a set of basic soccer skills (dribbling, passing, trapping, scoring) and some confidence on the field. Kids will be introduced to the ideas of sportsmanship and team play. Kids will play some small-sided, non-competitive soccer games to help prepare them for Micro Classes.
- Big Feet classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Big Feet classes is 12:1
Micro 4/5 Class
Micro Classes are developmental and non-competitive for intermediate kids ages 4-9 years designed to enhance individual and team skills, with an emphasis on fun and safety. Micro Classes are for kids who have played soccer before either in Lil Kickers or another program.
- 50 minutes of class time with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of scrimmaging
- Teams will field no more than four players at a time
- Everyone gets equal playing time
- There will be no goalies
- We will not keep score or league standings
- Micro Classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Micro Class is 12:1
MICRO 6/7: (6 - 7 years) MICRO 8/9: (8-9 years)
Micro 6/7 & Micro 8/9 classes are for six and seven year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.