Youth Summer Basketball
June 22 – August 10, 2019
Member Rate – $48
Non Member Rate – $64
- 4 practices total before the games begin
- Saturdays (June 1st, June 8th, June 15th) and a Thursday night TBD
- 1 game per week (Saturdays)
- 7 games total + playoffs for the top teams
- volunteer coaches needed – must pass background check
- shirts/jerseys are included with registration
- open league – join with a team or as an individual looking for a team
- if you are registering as an individual looking for a team, please indicate the experience/talent level of the child in the notes and comments section
Youth Basketball Summer League Rules
Ages 6-8, 9-11, 12-14
- They will play two 18-minute halves with a 3-minute halftime.
- There will be a running clock except for timeouts, and two shot fouls. On 1&1 foul shots, the clock will start when the official hands the player the ball until the last (one) minute in each half.
- The clock will stop for every whistle the last (one) minute of each half.
- Players will have 10 seconds to cross half court.
- 3 second lane violation and 5 second closely guarded violation will apply for 9-11 and 12-14 divisions.
- Teams may press the last 2 minutes of each half only and must get back to half court to start playing defense.
- Teams are allowed two 30 second timeouts per half and one timeout for overtime. No carryovers.
- Games that end in a tie will go into a 2-minute overtime and the clock will stop on all whistles.
- Coaches must play each player at least 8 minutes per game with some play coming in each half, unless too many players permit the time required.
- Failure to follow this rule will result in immediate forfeit of the game. No exceptions!
- Foul language and unacceptable behavior on the basketball court calls for an automatic technical foul. Any parent or coach caught using profanity will automatically be asked to leave the arena. If this behavior persists, the parent or coach could be suspended from the center.
- If a team is ahead by 20 or more points, no more points will be put on the scoreboard for the winning team, until the lead is less than 20 points. Correct score will still be kept by the bookkeeper.
- Teams may play with 4 players. Any less than 4 players will be considered a forfeit.
- There will only be two coaches allowed on the bench per team.
- Only the Head coach may speak to the referee.
- Absolutely no jewelry allowed.
Refunds: No refunds will be given. Rouse Center credit may be issued if a refund is warranted and is to be used within 90 days from issue date.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Youth & Sports Director Seth Perdue
Phone: (540) 318 – 6332